Stinging insect control
Extermination of stinging insects like Bee, Hornet, and Wasp
As soon as the summers arrive, these tiny flying insects start roaming around your house to get entry access. Due to the rise in temperature, they are forced to find a place to keep their body cool, and they invite themselves to our house to stay.
Now, it is very easy for them to make your home their own home. On the other hand, it can be tough for you to do so. Due to their stinging nature, it becomes essential for you to take care of them before they sting you or anyone in your house.
Though there are many methods to take care of them, one should not try to undertake them by himself or herself. It can lead to serious results. Hence, it is essential for you to consult a professional or exterminator to remove the hives or nests of these bees, hornets, or wasps.
Here, we will study some basic and necessary things that you need to do to find out if there are any of these little monsters in your house. So, let us begin!!!
Identification: How to identify different types of stinging insects
When summers are near, you need to be extra cautious about the stinging insects as they will be ready to raid your house. One of the crucial characteristics through which you can find out that there are stinging insects in your house is through their appearance.
Here are some of the types of stinging insects:
Bees are one of the most commonly found stinging insects in the houses. And there are many species of them. Some of the most general types of bees that you will come across in summers are Bumble Bee, Carpenter Bees, Honey Bees.
Bumblebees have black and yellow markings on their body. They build their nests on the ground or in the dense grass so that they are tough to spot.
On the other hand, Carpenter bees do not make any hive or nest, but they weather the wood to make galleries in it.
Honeybees are the defensive type of insects that live in hives on the trees. They never attack unless their colony or hive is attacked. They are orange-brown or black in color.
The second in the list are hornets that are of following types:
Baldfaced hornets have a black colored body with a white face. They are usually beneficial for the environment as they feed on small pests. Moreover, they make their nest on aerial structures like trees, poles, or overhangs. Their nest is relatively big up to 14 inches in diameter and 24 inches in length.
European Hornets are the ones that have size up to 1 inch and have yellow abdominal stripes on their body. They usually make their nest in hollow trees, barns, buildings, attics of the houses, etc. these places are the primary choices of their nests that are made of paper cartons.
One of the most popular stingers in the summers is the wasp. They are basically looking for water in summers. If you notice, they will have a nest or hive near the water source. These are some of their types:
Paper Wasps are not aggressive types of wasps, but if you touch their next, you are in sure danger. They have a body with brownish color with reddish or yellow markings. If you find one of them flying outside, they must be having their nest in trees, shrubs, porch ceiling, floor joints, railings, etc.
Yellow Jacket wasps are also not dangerous unless their nests are threatened. They are around 3/8 – 5/8 inches in size and have a body with a yellow and black pattern on it. You will surely find their paper carton nest on plant roots, logs and timber. There are many other aerial spots where you can find their nests like houses, garages, sheds, etc.
These are some of the prime characteristics that you need to know about the type of insects that may be a part of your house. Moreover, you can only know about this if you roam around your house often to find out if there is any nest or not.
And if you find any, you need to get in touch with a professional to get rid of it.
Inspection of stinging insects in the house
The process of inspection is very necessary as it will clear up the fact that what type of insect is in your house. Yeah, with the knowledge, you can do it yourself, but it is crucial for you to get it done by a professional. He will not only check all the areas of your home or property but will also provide you a full plan to deal with the issues if any.
These things are necessary to know as they will determine the measures that need to be taken to get rid of the infestation.
Treatment of stinging insects in the house
Well, after you are completely sure about the place and intensity of the infestation of the insects. It is time to get rid of all those little monsters that haunt you in the summers. Now, there are many ways to get rid of these insects. You can also employ some home methods to do so. But, it is recommended that you hire a professional to undertake the treatment process.
Here are some home methods to get rid of bees, hornets, and wasps:
- Coffee: You can wrap some coffee in an aluminum foil and burn it. Keep this near the place that has the nest. The smell of the coffee is highly disliked by the bees and wasps.
- Garlic: Mix some powdered garlic in water and spray it on the hive or nest. Wasps will no longer stay there.
- Essentials oils: These sweet-smelling substances are most hated by wasps and bees. You can use eucalyptus, lavender, and especially citronella oil for repelling bees and wasps.
- Ammonia: This is one of the best remedies to take care of stinging insects. You and the insects share the common interest regarding the smell of ammonia. They also don’t like it, so you can leverage the power of ammonia to get rid of these little monsters.
Apart from this, there are ways that need to be undertaken only by professionals like:
- Aerosols: Aerosols sprays are one of the potential ways to deal with wasps and bees in and around your property. It will provide you a quick knockdown of the wasp nest.
- Insecticide dust: It is one of the best ways to deal with insects like tempo dust and dusters. This will not only kill present wasps but will also keep them from emerging for further time.
Maintenance of stinging insects in the house
Well, if you are done with the treatment of the insects in the house. It is good, but you also need to maintain your house to keep them away. Here are some ways that you can employ:
- Cracks: Cracks in your house walls or furniture are the primary targets of stinging insects for their habitat. Hence, it is crucial for you to get all those cracks, holes and openings blocked to prevent bees or hornets from entering your house.
- Cleanliness: Insects hate cleanliness. So, you can leverage this factor to get the most of it. It is important to keep every section of your house completely clean. The presence of trash inside or outside of your house is a potential magnet for these little beasts. Cover the trash box with tight lids to prevent insects near your house.
- Don’t feed your pet food outside: Feeding your pets outside of your house may leave food debris in your backyard. And just like us, food is the most loved thing by stinging insects. Make sure that you feed your pet inside of your house and get rid of all the food debris.
- Timely inspection: Timely inspection of your house is one of the prime steps of maintenance. It is essential for you to make sure that your house is timely inspected by a professional. This is necessary as you never know when those insects will make your house their own.
You can choose to do that yourself also, but it is recommended that you hire a professional exterminator for getting rid of these insects or for the checkup of your house. It will cost you a few bucks but will protect you from their poisonous stings.
How to protect yourself from Stinging Insects Bees, wasps, hornets, spiders, mosquitos are some of the prime creatures that you will see when summers arrive. And soon they are going to make your home their home. You may realize this only when they will have their...